License to Freedom is a non-profit community based organization that promotes nonviolence through community education, self-sufficiency and advocacy for refugee and immigrant survivors of domestic and relationship abuse in the East County and San Diego region.
We are a group of advocates that believe that every person has a right to live without fear. We believe that refugee and immigrant battered women and children should be able to seek and receive help and services that are respectful of our languages, cultures, race, age, sexual orientation, disabilities and religious beliefs.
- Chaldean and Middle Eastern Social Services
- Heart4Refugees-San Diego
- Karen Organization of San Diego
- License to Freedom
- Partnership for the Advancement of New Americans (PANA)
- United Women of East Africa
- Nile Sisters Development Initiative
*License to Freedom, PANA, and Nile Sisters will be joining us for a panel discussion at SDSU in the first week of October. More information to come.
- Asylum Access
- Human Rights Watch
- International Crisis Group
- Refugee International
- UNHCR-The UN Refugee Agency